It’s Saturday again and time for us all to join in Linda’s SoCs. The prompt is week is: Your Friday prompt for Stream of Consciousness Saturday is “hat.” Use it literally or metaphorically. Have fun!
I love hats and my first hat was a football helmet from my gramps for my first birthday. Some would say it’s not a hat but I think it set me on a course of loving hats. Ball caps, cowboy hats, and fedoras are my favorite. I have a large collection and with the weather in Texas, I don’t get to wear them often enough.
The hat I had the most fun wearing wasn’t really a hat, more like a halo. A halo of flowers like mother nature would wear. It was for my Junior Prom and it matched my dress. I got so many compliments and a few laughs but I felt larger than life.
Here’s a photo of a hat I wore in 2019 for another blogger I was trying to cheer up during a very stressful time.
It did make her laugh, she even posted a photo of herself in her favorite hat. Who knew hats were good for your mental health.
What’s your favorite type of hat?
Here are the rules:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing (typos can be fixed), and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. I will post the prompt here on my blog every Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a particular subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The,’” or will simply be a single word to get you started.
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top. NOTE: Pingbacks only work from WordPress sites. If you’re self-hosted or are participating from another host, such as Blogger, please leave a link to your post in the comments below.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read all of them! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later or go to the previous week by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “#SoCS” for more exposure and more views.
8. Have fun!
For more streams, rules, and tips for Stream of Consciousness Saturday, visit our host, Linda at:
Have a great weekend.