Your Friday prompt for Stream of Consciousness Saturday is “abash/a bash/bash.” Use “abash,” or “bash” as a noun or a verb. Bonus points if you manage all three. Have fun!
JoAnna at https://joannaoftheforest.wordpress.com and I are on the exact same page with the bashing. We know each other, have talked a lot but I would not have guessed we would bash the exact same thing. For me bashing the media is on several layers, the parts left out to provide more drama, the local news running for two hours regurgitating the same stories. I can’t even watch the news without my blood pressure rising and wanting to bash something or someone.
I try to watch one local and one national news a day but that is too much some days. When every story includes, Trump, Russians, North Korea, who was fired that day at the White House, I want to bash the television, the talking heads, the news stations and myself for allowing this behavior to happen.
JoAnna watches Cop shows and so do I, it’s crazy that we have favorites that are the same. Blue Bloods is a nicer family cop show with doing the right thing is always the answer. I love the show but real life, my real life is not so holy. I prefer the bad-ass kick butt take names later type of show. I love NCIS LA because you have women who could probably kick anyone’s ass. They are trained and professional while bashing a terrorist head into the concrete hanging over the side of a 20 story parking lot. It sure sounds like some anger is still inside but not that I’m aware of.
I don’t want to bash anyone these days but would love to have the control and body strength to open a can of whoop ass on someone. See I didn’t say bash! Be sure stop by and read JoAnna’s, her’s is more interesting.
Join us for the fun and sharing good media stories
For more on the Stream of Consciousness Saturday, visit Linda Hill’s blog. Here’s the link:
Here are the rules for SoCS:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing, (typos can be fixed) and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. There will be a prompt every week. I will post the prompt here on my blog on Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The’,” or simply a single word to get your started.
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top. NOTE: Pingbacks only work from WordPress sites. If you’re self-hosted or are participating from another host, such as Blogger, please leave a link to your post in the comments below.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read everyone’s! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later, or go to the previous week, by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find right below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “#SoCS” for more exposure and more views.