Before blogging I kept many parts/experiences hidden, no one would or could understand. I was almost 30 before seeing a Therapist, boy the baggage I had. I hid parts of my life for several reasons, ashamed, guilty and I felt responsible. When I joined WordPress in 2005 it was a diversion to help me grieve my granny.
I had very few followers and wasn’t involved, that blog was just for me and granny. After several years of the reading post, I noticed how many people had the same or similar secrets. I started to think about the past, analyzing each emotion, with the help of my Therapist I realized there was no shame or quilt. She helped me deal with the suicide of my father, my soul was an open book.
My writing started to let these secrets out and love and support astounded me. I had never talked to someone with the same secrets. I’ve spent over ten years sharing my experiences, the bad and ugly, you could say people know me from head to sole.
Join us for the fun and sharing good media stories
For more on the Stream of Consciousness Saturday, visit Linda Hill’s blog. Here’s the link:
Here are the rules for SoCS:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing, (typos can be fixed) and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. There will be a prompt every week. I will post the prompt here on my blog on Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The’,” or simply a single word to get your started.
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top. NOTE: Pingbacks only work from WordPress sites. If you’re self-hosted or are participating from another host, such as Blogger, please leave a link to your post in the comments below.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read everyone’s! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later, or go to the previous week, by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find right below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “#SoCS” for more exposure and more views.