#SoCS Prompt “dream”
Your Friday prompt for Stream of Consciousness Saturday is “dream.” Use it any way you’d like. Have fun!
Dream or dreaming would seem like an easy topic to write about but dreaming comes in many forms. Dreams I have for the world, for my friends, dreams I have for family and not least dreams I have for myself. I believe one should dream, set a bar higher from where you are and visualize it with all your heart. The problem with dreaming is some people never get past dreaming about something instead of doing something to make the dream come true.
In my early 20’s, I wasn’t meeting the type of men I wanted to have a long term relationship with. I dreamed of a nice man to share a respectful relationship with but it was not happening. I had to make a change, get way out of my box and go to where I thought nice men would be. I enrolled in college courses, mostly art, attended wine tastings even though I knew nothing about wine and I went to art galleries to see what my classes were talking about when it came to masterpieces.
I’m not a rocket scientist, it didn’t take long, I met professional men, some I dated, others became good friends and most of all I learned a lot about myself. You have to do something to make a dream come true or it just remains a dream.
Here are the rules:
- Your post must be Stream of Consciousness writing, meaning no editing (typos can be fixed), and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
- Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
- I will post the prompt here on my blog every Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The,’” or will simply be a single word to get you started.
- Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top. NOTE: Pingbacks only work from WordPress sites. If you’re self-hosted or are participating from another host, such as Blogger, please leave a link to your post in the comments below. https://lindaghill.com
- Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read all of them! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later or go to the previous week by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find below the “Like” button on my post.
- Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
- As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “#SoCS” for more exposure and more views.
- Have fun!