Your Friday prompt for Stream of Consciousness Saturday is “(un)pack.” Use “pack” or its opposite in your post. Have fun!
It didn’t take long to decide what direction to go with this post, unpacking. I started blogging in 2005 when my granny was very ill and I was able to unpack my fears of being a good caregiver with generous followers.
Over time I opened up about my abusive background and mental health challenges, unpacking each delicate piece as my heart allowed. People embraced me, understood me and many were in the same place as me. By the time I started talking about my abusive background, it was to unpack the memories in hopes of helping others, I had already worked through the trauma with years of therapy.
Unpacking my struggle with mental health is ongoing in there is no cure for Treatment-Resistant Bipolar 1. I haven’t written much lately since I’ve been stable for the past year.
One topic I never expected to unpack was Lyme diseases, it took years of unknowns, misdiagnosis and quite frankly giving up at the time. But I have to say unpacking my experience with Lyme is the best move I’ve ever made. I made it my mission to educate everyone who would listen about Lyme and how common it was. I spent years, writing every week about my treatments or health updates.
One of the horrible things about Lyme diseases is you get co-infections and over time the bacteria spread to many places in your body causing other illnesses. The Lyme bacteria went to my brain and caused cognitive function problems like lack of balance and dementia. That’s a bitch. Then I developed Fibromyalgia and full-body arthritis.
Those years on IV Therapy were some dark years and I probably would have died had I not had an outlet to unpack all the pain and frustration I was going thru.
I want to say thank you for always reading, commenting and being there through the years and I look forward to many more blogging years with you.
Join us for the fun and sharing good media stories.
For more on the Stream of Consciousness Saturday, visit Linda Hill’s blog. Here’s the link:https://lindaghill.com
Here are the rules for SoCS:
- Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing, (typos can be fixed) and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
- Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
- There will be a prompt every week. I will post the prompt here on my blog on Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The’,” or simply a single word to get your started.
- Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top. NOTE: Pingbacks only work from WordPress sites. If you’re self-hosted or are participating from another host, such as Blogger, please leave a link to your post in the comments below.
- Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read everyone’s! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later, or go to the previous week, by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find right below the “Like” button on my post.
- Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
- As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “#SoCS” for more exposure and more views.
- Have fun!