Success Doesn’t Need A Qualification

From a young age, you have been taught by society, your family, and at school that you must go to college and get a qualification to make a good living or become a success. Unfortunately, only 63% of all high school students enroll in a 2 or 4-year college. Other factors do not allow them to attend college for the remainder of the 37% of students. It’s either that they don’t have the funds available, couldn’t get a scholarship, didn’t qualify for a student loan or didn’t have the grades to qualify. However, many careers don’t require a college degree. 

Protecting The Public

Even when you were little, and you had to prepare your “When I grow up, I want to be” oral; the list includes the obvious fireman and policeman. You can fulfill your childhood dream and pursue this without a college degree. If a uniform career was always your dream, but you feel that you can offer more going abroad, then join the army or navy. These prestigious careers provide you training, although you do need a high school diploma.  

Image by Hilary Clark from Pixabay 

Up In The Air

If you always dream about traveling, visiting different cities, or even countries, consider becoming a pilot or air hostess. A private pilot license only takes 2 months, but if you want to be an airline pilot, it will take you around 2 years because you will first need to complete your 1 500 flight hours. After completing your course to become an air hostess, you are ready to board domestic flights. If local was never your end game, build up your experience and become an international air hostess. 

Keep It Local

International endeavors were never your thing. You are more of a local person and want to have a job that keeps you in your town or city or country for that matter. Multiple career options are available for you. If the wide-open road is calling your name, expert trucking will be a perfect fit for you. Just make sure that you have the suitable license (CDL). Or have you always been quick on your feet and a smooth talker? Then try a sales agent on for size. Many sales agent positions work on a commission structure, so you control how big your paycheck must be at the end of the month.

Image by Gerd Altmann from Pixabay 

Previous Experience

You might have seen on some career options that they do not require any degree, but they do require a minimum amount of experience. So how do you rake-up experience first? By doing internships or volunteering in the specific career, you want to follow. There might be a high possibility that your time there will not be paid for, but it will be all worth it when you land the job.

With any of these career choices, you will have to start at the bottom. But with hard work and dedication, you can move up in the ranks and earn more. Experience means more than qualifications for these career paths. 

This is a collaborative post.

Melinda

One comment

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s