Kombucha gives a nice fizz to this holiday sangria. Bonus: It’s full of probiotic bacteria that may help maintain a healthy gut.
- 1 (750 milliliter) bottle Spanish dry red wine, such as tempranillo
- 1 cup blood orange juice
- ½ cup brandy
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 2 oranges, preferably blood oranges, sliced
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle ginger kombucha
- Step 1Combine wine, orange juice, brandy and sugar in a large pitcher. Stir well, then add orange slices. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or up to 1 day.
- Step 2Add kombucha to the sangria and serve over ice.
To make ahead: Refrigerate sangria base (Step 1) for up to 1 day.
Serving Size: 1 cupPer Serving: 202 calories; protein 0.4g; carbohydrates 16.8g; dietary fiber 0.1g; sugars 12.2g; fat 0.1g; vitamin a iu 85.2IU; vitamin c 22.5mg; folate 13.6mcg; calcium 14.5mg; iron 0.9mg; magnesium 19.5mg; potassium 240.9mg; sodium 11.1mg; added sugar 8g. Exchanges:
1 1/2 alcohol equivalent, 1/2 other carbohydrate