Our prompt for Stream of Consciousness Saturday is: “how.” Use the word “how” in your post. Bonus points if you start your post with it. Enjoy! Thanks, Linda!
After you’ve written your Saturday post tomorrow, please link it here to this week’s prompt page and check to make sure it’s here in the comments so others can find it and see your awesome Stream of Consciousness post. Anyone can join in!
To make your post more visible, use our beautiful SoCS badge! Just paste it in your Saturday post so people browsing the reader will immediately know your post is stream of consciousness and/or pin it as a widget to your site to show you’re a participant. Wear it with pride!!
How in the world am I going to keep up with all the new plants in the garden?, as I brush the dirt off the computer. At least no replacing them next year. That is the objective.
This year we decided to turn our flower pots to all Perrinialls and I bought all new plants. Two roses, a Gardenia, two Hydrangeas, two verbenas, and I forget from there. I had to buy larger pots for a few plants. We also had to move the Peony to the east side of the house as the spot we had it in was too much sun. I look forward to its fragrant blooms.
I’ve planted two of the four Rosemary plants and planted the Gardenia this morning.
The watering has already started and it’s nowhere near summer but with new plants, you have to keep your eyes on them.
We lost all of our shrubs in the great storm of 2021 and so this year we have new scrubs, I can’t wait till they are a little larger It’s hard to see the effect I’m going for now. For the first time, we planted some bulbs that you leave in the ground, no digging up for me. They look like large purple balls. I can’t wait, they are peaking thru now.
I’m eager, just four more plants to get in the pots and I’ll be Spring ready!
Here are the rules:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing (typos can be fixed), and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. I will post the prompt here on my blog every Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a particular subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The,’” or will simply be a single word to get you started.
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top. NOTE: Pingbacks only work from WordPress sites. If you’re self-hosted or are participating from another host, such as Blogger, please leave a link to your post in the comments below.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read all of them! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later or go to the previous week by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “#SoCS” for more exposure and more views.
8. Have fun!
For more streams, rules, and tips for Stream of Consciousness Saturday, visit our host, Linda at:
Have a great weekend.