The prompt for Stream of Consciousness Saturday is “zip, zero, zilch.” Use one, use ’em all, bonus points if you use all three. Have fun!
This year has been one of growth and disappointment. I decided to expand my gardening horizons and bought bulbs and tubers to start. Well, that hasn’t worked out well. Of the 18 bulbs I planted about nine came up but only one is still alive, the others lay wilted.
Of the tubers, I planted only two have come up so far. They’re about an inch tall but it’s successful in that they are hardy. That’s very disappointing odds for the number planted. I’m not sure I will do the same next year when I got zip, zero, and zilch this year!
This is my magnificent Gardenia bush, it’s my first and it smells out of this world. It has grown and produced so many flowers.
Have a great weekend! See you next week.
Join us for the fun and sharing good media stories.
For more on the Stream of Consciousness Saturday, visit Linda Hill’s blog. Here’s the link:https://lindaghill.com
Here are the rules for SoCS:
- Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing, (typos can be fixed) and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
- Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
- There will be a prompt every week. I will post the prompt here on my blog on Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The’,” or simply a single word to get your started.
- Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top. NOTE: Pingbacks only work from WordPress sites. If you’re self-hosted or are participating from another host, such as Blogger, please leave a link to your post in the comments below.
- Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read everyone’s! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later, or go to the previous week, by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find right below the “Like” button on my post.
- Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
- As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “#SoCS” for more exposure and more views.
- Have fun!
The scent of gardenia flowers is a natural high. My honeysuckle is like that, too.
LikeLiked by 1 person
That it is!
LikeLiked by 1 person