Time for SoCs again, this week Linda’s propmt is : Your Friday prompt for Stream of Consciousness Saturday is “—amble.” Add letters to the beginning of “-amble” to make another word or use it as is in your post. Enjoy!“
When I was 19 years old, a friend and I drove from Texas to California and then to Las Vegas. I’m still surprised my old car made it there and back but it was a trooper. We were counting our pennies on the trip and by the time we made it to Vegas I had only $21 to gamble with. This was my first time gambling so I started with nickel slots to help make the fund last. I didn’t win big but I spent an afternoon making memories on $21.
Flash forward to the last time I gambled, maybe five years ago. We stop at this casino that’s in a river boat on the way to Alabama. They have my favorite game, Wheel of Fortune. I’m not a big gambler, would rather buy something or save it than risk it but on this occasion, I have $200 for the night.
Now I get to gamble the dollar slots and I do the max bidding. Sometimes I leave up for the night and others even but whatever the number, I always have a great time wishing on a fortune.
Here are the rules:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing (typos can be fixed), and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. I will post the prompt here on my blog every Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a particular subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The,’” or will simply be a single word to get you started.
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top. NOTE: Pingbacks only work from WordPress sites. If you’re self-hosted or are participating from another host, such as Blogger, please leave a link to your post in the comments below.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read all of them! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later or go to the previous week by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “#SoCS” for more exposure and more views.
8. Have fun!
For more streams, rules, and tips for Stream of Consciousness Saturday, visit our host, Linda at:
Have a great weekend.