Did you know
- About 123,000 people are waiting for an organ donation
- 1 organ donor can save up to 8 lives
- 18 people die each day while for a transplant
- Organs and tissues from 1 donor can benefit 50 people
- Living donors can donate a kidney; parts of liver, lung, pancreas, intestine
It All Starts With You
- Register to be an organ donor
- Talk about your decision to friends and family
- Include donation in your advance directives, will, and living will
- Support local organizations and events
- Share your story or someone you know
The information provided refers to the laws in the UK, please visit your appropriate site for specific information. I have marked my driver’s license as an organ donor. Another gift you can make is donating your body to Science. So much can be learned by studying the human body. My maternal grandfather gave his body to science at a UTSW which is a huge teaching hospital in the area. They had a nice but brief memorial service with candles. It was a great gift he made.
A great gift to society is to donate blood regularly, the Red Cross always needs blood and platelets. Platelets are used for cancer patients. I have given platelets many times before I became ill.