#WATWB Standby’s overturn truck in freeway accident
When a 32-year-old driver became trapped in his overturned car on the highway, a dozen Good Samaritans rushed to his aid.
The driver, Orlando Hernandez, lost control of his Ford pickup truck as he was driving on I-88 in Chicago earlier this week.
Hernandez had been driving in the left lane when the tread of his tires tore off and sent his truck spinning onto its roof and onto the shoulder of the highway.
Upon seeing the disaster unfold, several other drivers stopped their cars and ran to his rescue.
With the help of a few nearby construction workers, the group of rescuers managed to push the truck onto its side, break the safety glass, and free Hernandez from his seatbelt—all before the ambulance crew arrived onto the scene to whisk him off to the hospital.
Apart from a few minor injuries that he endured from the incident, Hernandez says that he is in surprisingly good shape—and he is overwhelmed with gratitude for the people who came to his rescue.
“You know how there’s terrible things happening and people lose faith in things, faith in the world? But seeing that, that sort of restores that goodness in your heart,” Hernandez told WLS-TV.
- Keep your post to below 500 words.
- All we ask is you link to a human news story on your blog on the last Friday of each month, one that shows love and humanity.
- Join us in sharing news that warms the cockles of our heart. No story is too big or small, as long as it goes beyond religion and politics, into the core of humanity.
- Place the WE ARE THE WORLD BLOGFEST Badge on your sidebar, and help us spread the word on social media. Tweets, Facebook shares, G+ shares using the #WATWB hashtag through the month most welcome. More We Are the World Blogfest signups mean more friends, love and light for all of us.
- We’ll read and comment on each others’ posts, get to know each other better, and hopefully, make or renew some friendships with everyone who signs on as participants in the coming months.
- Add your post HERE so we can all find it quickly.