Your Friday prompt for Stream of Consciousness Saturday is “dress.” Use it any way you’d like. Have fun!
I’ve read several posts this morning talking about a favorite dress, I have one too. My granny made this black velvet dress with red lace trim for me when I was around 7-8 years old. Oddly enough, I still have the dress, it’s in perfect condition which hard to believe since I was such a tomboy. I also have a purple dress that was my granny’s that I played dress up with as a little girl. I’m not a hoarder by any means……but it’s hard to part with items attached with memories from my grandparents. I have her thimbles, pin cushion, even some sewing needles. I cherish their wedding rings, my gramps wore his on the key ring because he was a mechanic and couldn’t wear jewelry.
Maybe I need to address where my head is at this morning since I’m rambling on. Thinking about a dress brought so many memories flooding in, I could write all day about them, but I won’t.
Have a great weekend. Thanks for reading, I appreciate you and your awesome comments.
Here are the rules:
- Your post must be Stream of Consciousness writing, meaning no editing (typos can be fixed), and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
- Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
- I will post the prompt here on my blog every Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The,’” or will simply be a single word to get you started.
- Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top. NOTE: Pingbacks only work from WordPress sites. If you’re self-hosted or are participating from another host, such as Blogger, please leave a link to your post in the comments below.
- Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read all of them! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later or go to the previous week by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find below the “Like” button on my post.
- Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
- As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “#SoCS” for more exposure and more views.
- Have fun!