#SoCS Prompt “nuts”
Your Friday prompt for Stream of Consciousness Saturday is “nuts.” Use it any way you’d like. Have fun!
This is an easy prompt because I’ve been called nuts many times in my life and I love nuts. Let’s start with why someone would call me nuts. I was and still am a tomboy and would do any dare or anything to keep up with the boys when I was younger. We played football, had a bike ramp, used the city culverts as bike ramps and I can’t forget the nutty games we played in the pool. I don’t feel the need to compete with boys/men today but still am a tomboy. Noone is going to limit what I can do or learn.
Growing up my grandparents had these 100 year old pecan trees and finding plenty of nuts was never a problem. When I was little gramps and I would collect off the nuts off the ground and sit in lawn chairs cracking, eating and feeding some to the squirells. Gramps reached a point where the squirells would come right up and take a nut out of his hand. I was able to do it one time but as cute as squirells are they carry rabies and I don’t want to find out. I could talk about nuts all day because of gramps, he never went a day without eating pecans, usually grow in the back yard.
Have a great weekend. Thanks for reading, I appreciate you and your awesome comments.
Here are the rules:
- Your post must be Stream of Consciousness writing, meaning no editing (typos can be fixed), and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
- Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
- I will post the prompt here on my blog every Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The,’” or will simply be a single word to get you started.
- Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top. NOTE: Pingbacks only work from WordPress sites. If you’re self-hosted or are participating from another host, such as Blogger, please leave a link to your post in the comments below. https://lindaghill.com
- Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read all of them! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later or go to the previous week by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find below the “Like” button on my post.
- Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
- As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “#SoCS” for more exposure and more views.
- Have fun!