The first thing that comes to my mind is a product, small flatbreads. We make flatbreads with a variety of ingredients on a regular basis but I’ve learned to love them by themselves, just heated in the toaster oven. I’ve been on a weight loss journey for the past couple of months, doing it the right way this time. No diet just cutting meals in half and cutting out snacking. The flatbreads are only 100 calories so I get to eat two of them with some peanut butter which is very filling but not too many calories. I’m not counting every calorie to the letter just keeping tabs to try to stay under 1500 calories. I’ve lost 14 pounds with this method but have trouble reaching 15 pounds. My goal is another 10 pounds. I have made the eating changes needed now I have to continue to keep up the good habits.
Another product I have to mention is my computer, I would have a hard time living without it. Boy, how it’s changed our lives. That and cell phones. I remember my first cell phone was a bag phone that weighed about five pounds. The receiver was huge and the battery didn’t last long. Little did I know at the time how far technology would take phones and that texting would be an option.
Speaking of produce, that is one thing I eat a lot of especially strawberries and blueberries. Every day for lunch I have yogurt and fruit, usually one of the above, and when in the season I add Mangos. I love many types of fruit and veggies. If fact I have been eating tomatoes every week for over a month now. Our homegrown cherry tomatoes have been producing and the larger ones are turning red. I love fresh tomatoes with salt and pepper. I’m not crazy about cauliflower unless it’s raw. I also don’t like the smell of cabbage cooking and can’t eat it and won’t eat Polk salad.
What about you, what product or produce can you not live without?
Here are the rules:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing (typos can be fixed), and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. I will post the prompt here on my blog every Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a particular subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The,’” or will simply be a single word to get you started.
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top. NOTE: Pingbacks only work from WordPress sites. If you’re self-hosted or are participating from another host, such as Blogger, please leave a link to your post in the comments below.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read all of them! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later or go to the previous week by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “#SoCS” for more exposure and more views.
8. Have fun!
For more streams, rules, and tips for Stream of Consciousness Saturday, visit our host, Linda at:
Have a great weekend.